Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sandwich Challenge? I Accept!

A few weeks ago, Eater Seattle posted their "18 Iconic Seattle Sandwich" list. This list, in my opinion is very accurate, and sounded very very delicious, so I decided that before summer is over, I would eat all 18 iconic Seattle sandwiches. Seeing that this wasn't going to be too difficult of a task (I 've already eaten most of them already before the list was posted) I set out to try the rest. The task at hand:

To Do: 
1. Baguette Box- Drunken Chicken
2. Bakeman's- Turkey Sandwich
3. Grinder's- Meatball Sub
4. Hi Spot Cafe- Tuna Melt
5. Market Grill- Blackened Salmon
6. Matt's at the Market- Pan Fried Catfish Sandwich
7. Other Coast Cafe-  Rajun Cajun
8. Pecos Pit- BBQ Pulled Pork
9. Tat's Deli- Pastrami Cheesesteak
10. Three Girls Bakery- Meatloaf Sandwich

DONE!
1. 74th Street Alehouse- Reuben
2. Paseo- Caribbean Roast Sandwich
3. Saigon Deli- Bahn Mi
4. Salumi- Porchetta AND Braised Oxtail
5. Tubs Subs- Joker's Dip
6. Where You At Matt?- Oyster PoBoy

And I will now add to the DONE! list:
Dot's Delicatessen Reuben- Stacked high with pastrami, sauerkraut, and Russian dressing. The house-cured and smoked pastrami makes this extra amazing.
 Marination Station Spicy Pork Torta- Their "nunya sauce", a spicy miso mayo blend, gives the pork and slaw an added kick, so delicious!

I will chronicle the rest of my sandwich adventures in my blog. Wish me (and my tummy) luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment